Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Strawberry Deliciousness!


So this blog is set aside for things that I actually make.  I haven't made these crepes, YET!  They look delicious, and I'm planning on whipping them up soon.  But, i needed a place to save this recipe where I won't lose it.  Plus, then I can pin it to pinterest where I have most of my recipes.

This is a weight watchers recipe...i'm back on the band wagon.  If these crepes turn out, then maybe I can actually be successful.



Fresh Strawberry Crepes

Fresh Strawberry Crepes

Ingredients

Instructions

  • In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, salt, vanilla extract, melted butter, milk and flour until just combined.
  • Coat an 8- or 9-inch skillet with cooking spray; set over medium heat. When pan is hot, add 1/4 cup of batter and tilt skillet to cover entire bottom of pan with a thin layer of batter. Cook for 2 minutes; flip over. Top with about 1/3 cup strawberries; cook for 2 minutes more. Fold crepe over and slide onto a serving plate; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining ingredients; sprinkle with sugar. Yields 1 crepe per serving.

Notes

  • To see if the pan is hot, add a few droplets of water – if they sizzle, the pan is ready.These crepes can be filled with any berries you have on hand – or spread them with fruit preserves.
    Having a party? Make the crepes ahead of time, then heat them up and top them when you’re ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment